Gregory's Project: The Stereo Cabinet #3 - Enter Sandman

Gregory's Project: The Stereo Cabinet #3 - Enter Sandman

Gregory Han
Jan 11, 2008

Armed with my neighbor's hand sander, some 80 and 100 grit sandpaper and a (fairly) steady hand, I got working on removing the thin layer of stained and damaged wood ontop and all around the stereo cabinet late yesterday. See how it turned out under the cut...

This was the area with the most obvious damage ontop of the cabinet's lid. There was also a pretty noticeable layer of grime, dirt and residue from being exposed to the elements.

A couple hours later, I was done sanding the cabinet's exterior. I couldn't imagine how long this would have taken without the hand sander...

The backside was also lightly sanded, but I ran out of sandpaper, and I still have the interior to do, alongside removing some industrial adhesive, some loose staples and screws. But I can now say I'm really getting into the project as I've progressed from just planning to actually doing. Like exercise, the hardest part of doing this sort of project is just starting. Once you get going, it almost becomes an obsession.

Taking a break today, with a trip to the hardware store for more sandpaper and some comparison of stain colours.

moving--truck moving--dates moving--dolly moving--house moving--cal Created with Sketch. moving--apt