CHI Good Questions: 70's Corner Group Bedroom Set?

CHI Good Questions: 70's Corner Group Bedroom Set?

Janel Laban
Mar 10, 2008

Jillian sent us an email: "I am desperately trying to find where I might be able to purchase a 1970's bedroom set called a "Corner Group" bed set. I used to have one in my bedroom, as well as my brother in the '70's I would like my two kids to have a set in each of their own rooms, but just can't seem to find any. Do you think that some one out their still has one or two, or do you know of a furniture company that can make them? They are so awesome for a older kids have friends over and they are also space savers. If you can direct me to someone that sells them, I would be very grateful. Thank you."

(Note: Include a pic of your problem and your question gets posted first.
Email questions and pics
with QUESTIONS in subject line to:

Jillian - we are also posting this on AT's site all about design and home life with kids, Ohdeedoh, so be sure to check for suggestions in the comment thread from the readers there as well...

We're not 100% sure if this is similar to the bed sets you remember from the seventies, but PB Teen has a few "Corner Unit" bed sets, made up of two twin beds and a corner unit and hutch. The locker style (shown above) is on sale right now, and they also offer a white or dark brown set.

Does anyone else remember these "Corner Groups"? Any recommendations on other sources for either a vintage of new set is welcome in the comments....

Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.
moving--truck moving--dates moving--dolly moving--house moving--cal Created with Sketch. moving--apt