We've always loved chandeliers in the bathroom. Our own over-the-top bathroom tile demanded that we do it. While it's in keeping with that bordello-in-New Orleans feeling, we have to admit we like one even in a modern, otherwise stark, bathroom. Our feeling is that every room should have a bit of drama...
Whether it's a brilliant turquoise chair in an otherwise neutral room, an ornately carved statue or even something as simple as a lush arrangement of flowers, it's that dramatic "why not?" sense of humour that really gives a home personality for us. Without it, a room can be functional but it won't really be memorable. Go for it. Go for the drama.
- Tickled Pink: Betsey Johnson's Pink Loft
- Parental Guidance: The Influence of Style
- On a Whim: Trendy Inspirations
- Look! Using Architectural Salvage as Home Décor
- Calder's Mobiles, On a Small Scale
[photo by Carlos Domenech]